Saturday, April 7, 2007

Thursday, April 05, 2007

5:36 PM - THEE OUTCASTED UPDATE
Current mood: cranky
Category: Art and Photography

Well yall, things are looking up....

I went in for The Removal Of The Cast today. I saw my Un-wrapped and Un-casted BIONIC ankle!! It's not 100% yet, but we are getting there.

I was put into an air cast. This one is a heavy, plastic and rubber boot that looks like the foot on ROBO-Cop!!! I can remove this one at night!! Click for a picture: http://a78.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/27/m_56dde85cb84cf836e72106c2007b5a6d.jpg When I take it off...the right leg looks like "tiny tim". But I will be starting PT on 4/17....I will be going 2 or 3 times a week for about 4 weeks. This will S.O.S my calf muscle to return....Like the doctor told me on day 1, this is a slow process....very slow process. (64 days slow to be exact)

And my doc just extended my "(NOT) back to work date" to the 2nd/3rd week in May...Oh imagine how pissed I was all day!!! I have an appointment scheduled for 5/17!!! May 17!????- My back to work day was supposed to be 5/3/07-NOT 5/17/07....

The doctor says after the x-rays on 5/17, he will schedule me for the final operation to remove the 2 screws. After that operation I will be bearing full weight (walking) and driving....

So we are looking at the middle of May... Though this is longer than what I was originally told. And while I am feeling good about the way my body is healing in this whole process...DANG!!!

If it was God's plan to teach me about slowing down, accepting change, being patient, needing/asking for help and waiting....Whew-LESSONS LEARNED!

Currently listening :
B'day
By Beyonce'
Release date: By 03 April, 2007

No comments: