Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Ankle Update to match the Pretty Picture!

Current mood: cheerful
Category: Sports


(91 days down....)
15 days til next X-Ray. That x-ray will determine when the 2 screws will come out. After they are out, I can begin bearing weight on the Bionic Ankle!!

I have begun physical therapy!!!! I meet with Tanya, my therapist just about twice a week. For the next 5 sessions I am working to regain my range of motion......in addition to the visits, I have 15 home exercises to do 3 times daily.

I always look forward to the visits but PT totally wears me out. I'm usually completely exhausted and I generally sleep a lot after the visits. Besides that, the PT is going well and I'm on point with my "homework" 3 times a day!!!! Tanya said if I "follow her instructions, don't go over board, and continue to rest... I will be fine".

Also let me tell you....during my visits Tanya does this thing where she slowly pushes and pulls the ankle (IT DOES NOT HURT) but she says that what she is doing is moving the bones to give me more mobility!!!! AIN'T THAT AMAZING!!??! Honestly, this experience has totally elevated my respect for my body-it trips me out that bones can re-grow themselves. And that metal inside your body can co-exist with the bones!!!! (AMAZING).

NOT WALKING YET-BUT I'm getting there!!!!

Currently listening : Because Of You By Ne-Yo
Release date: 01 May, 2007

No comments: