Sunday, May 20, 2007

~ALMOST DONE 1 MORE SURGERY~

Thursday, May 17, 2007

4:42 PM -
Current mood: cheerful
Category: Dreams and the Supernatural

Okay here goes!!!!

THE SCREW SURGERY IS TOMORROW!!!!! YES 2MRW (5/18/07---5:30AM)!!!!! (Shoot, I asked him if he wanted to do it today)

I am very excited, BUT it is possible that the operating room will be crowded on Friday which will mean the surgery will be re-scheduled. It is also possible that the screws will need to go back in..... During surgery, the doctor has to remove the screws and test my ankle before he will know if that is the case. The test is a lot of pushing and pulling to see how the tendons react. (I will be under anesthesia) As of right now the doctor says everything looks good, he doesn't expect that and he thinks the screws will stay out. (He just wanted me to know, just in case)

This is an out patient surgery and I will be home tomorrow night. I will be able to start slowly applying pressure while using crutches and aircast ("robo-cop boot") this Monday!!!!!
I'll be in the aircast for another 6 weeks and I will loose the crutches eventually!

-I begin a month of weight bearing / "walking" therapy on 5/21.

-I have a Post Op Visit 5/31 so that the doctor can remove stiches and check everything...

THEN I AM BACK TO WORK 6/4!!!!!!!!! =)

Currently listening :
Keep on Movin'
By Soul II Soul
Release date: By 29 June, 1992

No comments: