Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Bionic Ankle-Post Op prt 2

Saturday, March 03, 2007

4:43 AM - The Bionic Ankle-Post Op prt 2
Current mood: blah
Category: Blogging

....So J helps me get to the restroom and back in the bed. Then he leaves and I sleep. I wake up an hour later thinking "does my brother know I'm still here & has anyone told Akelia?". I open my eyes call Kelia and she tells me "yesterday's Grey's is coming on!". I watch! And my mom calls to see if I need anything. "Soup. My throat is killing me".

So Nurse Ronald brings red jello and he gives me a shot of Morphine. I eat the jello, which is like heaven on my throat and I chase it down with ice. I wait for my momma and watch Dr. Merideth Grey return from the dead. And my cell phone is on overdrive...daddy, cousins, brothers, and friends (one of whom wanted date night advice....seriously...he wanted me to tell him where to take his girl....like my ass wasn't high, in pain, and sounding like shit-sigh) ...but mostly they are making sure I'm okay. "Why are you staying there?"...I keep whispering..."Just so the doc can monitor the pain, I'm ok". So I get off the phone and start to dooze....my mom comes with the soup! Her footsteps wake me up. I'm happy to see her...I'm happy she brought soup...I'd forgotten I was hungry. And dang-it! (Yup-u guessed) POTTY BREAK.

And let me just explain why each potty break is so signifigant. My body hurts like HELL-It feels like I lost a battle with Batman. I mean everything hurts....my neck & shoulders were tense as hell. My injured leg weighed a ton with the cast on it. The backs of both legs and my booty felt like I been doin tae-bo and my non-injured, left leg was just damn tired from carrying my whole body. My abs were killing me from lifting my legs. (Er'time I get up, I do a crunch to sit up....then lift both legs, swing them around, hold my right leg up and drop it down s l o w l y-then I do that same thing BACKWARDS to get back into bed) ...And my forearms and tri-ceps were sore from pushing up with the crutches for the last 23 days. And my muthafckn THROAT STILL HURTS!

So I come back to the bed and eat the soup. I'm whispering to my mom when all of sudden.....we hear....
MY ROOMMATE HUMMING OLD NEGRO SPIRITUALS!!! LOUD AND OFF KEY!!! My mom looks at me like "what the hell" and I shrug my sholders...we continue to eat and she continues to hum....
So my mom leaves.....saying "I hope you can get some rest". And shortly thereafter......HUMMMMM-MMMMM-HMMMM-Laddiiiidiii-OOOOOOOOO-Doooooo-Hmmmm-hmmmm. (LOUDLY) O M G!!!

LMAO

So the hyms stop and I fall asleep but then outta no where: she begins a lil ditty about Tylenol!!!! Singing : TY-LEEEEEN-NAAAAAWWLL. TY-LEEEEN-NAAAAWWLL. Which wakes me up and if I'm woke....I gotz to go potty!! And as I'm crutching back to my bed, passing her bed....she tells me "you need to tell them to get you some tylenol!". I try not to laugh at her and not to fall off the damn crutches. LMAO. But I make it safely back to the bed where I just crack the hell up....Which makes my throat hurt more and makes my abs beg for a brighter day!

And oddly enough Nurse Ronald came in to medicate me saying "the doctor said you can have 2 Tylenol 3's every 3 1/2 hours". I fell out!!! That shit was so damn funny....but my damn throat was too sore to even try to tell Nurse Ronald what was so funny.

(I did feel real real bad for the lady because I could tell she was in pain....but still....funny shit is funny shit)

So I take 1 of the Tylenols....and call my Sans....she is pissed....something ain't right....she's "like imma call you later"...Not a problem, cause really, I need to be sleep. So I lay still, with the right side of my body elevated, and let my all my lever parts sleep.

Then around 1AM the nurses come int to check on the songtress roommate. And they turn on her big over-head light (OH NO, not the lil night light-Nope-THE BIG BRIGHT LIGHT) and that bright ass light STAYED ON TIL 3AM!!!!!

So what did this mean for Lil Ms. Hiphop911 ?.....NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN!

So what does a girl do in times like these......grabbed my cell and I talked (or whispered) to my Sans til my battery died. Got out almost all of my venting...(and I hope Sans did too) and around 3 or 4 AM the nurse came by and turned off her light!!!

So I Sleep/Potty/Sleep....and @ 5a I'm awakened my a cutie pie doctor (not Mc Dreamy-but Mc Cutie) who is pinching my toes. I laugh and he says "you feel that right?" ...."Yes"...he says "good-it means your circulation is fine". Then he says "you've only been taking one Tylenol. Are you in a lot of pain?" And right then Ronald comes with the morphine for my IV. So they both say "are you in pain?".

Okay "of course I am...but that shit just make me loopy, slow, and sleepy. It don't make me pain-less". So Mc Cutie says "take the meds now because you won't have these when you go home"....I say yeah "imma take the shot but that is it....no more morphine please".

Now tell me how it makes sense to trick yourself out of pain on Friday that you gone have to feel on Saturday? If it's gone hurt, let me feel it now....yes make it a lil easier, but don't trick me.

So I go back to sleep and wake up at 7am Saturday morn to nasty & ugly breakfast and lemon jello! Yuck Yuck Yuck. Don't ever get lemon jello! Did you even know they still made lemon jello? Whew. A couple hours later
Princess came to bring Berry Jello and after hours of waiting and waiting thee Mc Doctors emancipated me, to my brother's care around 1pm!

With my freedom in my lap, and my body in the car, I'm glad to be going. My brother and I stop by my Grandma's....she baked me the best damn cake I ever tasted in my life....and we headed home. And as we parked the car.....GUESS WHO WAS WALKING UP THE PARKING LOT!??

YUP...He heard me!!!!!!!!!!!!...
(And seeing him made 24 days of pain feel mo'betta)

OH AND! I MUST TELL YOU ALL....
I heard 2 (two) REMIXES featuring R. KELLY ON MY WAY INTO THE HOSPITAL....(after listening to a "Kells" song in the house)...3 Kellys in 30 min.....I knew that er'thang was gone be alright!!!!

Currently listening :
Baby Boy
By Beyonc
Release

No comments: